Wind Turbine Fire Prevention Bylaws
Several Municipalities are understanding the need for Automatic Fire Detection and Control within the work environment of the industrial wind turbine and have enacted by laws.
These by-laws require all industrial wind turbines be equipped with automatic fire detection, suppression and control prior to commissioning. All existing turbines are to be retro fitted within (60) days of by-law passing.
- Municipality of Brockton, Ontario
- Municipality of Huron-Kinloss, Ontario
- Municipality of Grey Highlands, Ontario
- Municipality of West Grey, Ontario
- Kawartha Lakes, ON IWT Fire Detection and Suppression ByLaw
- Municipality of West Hants, Nova Scotia
- Town of Antrim, New Hampshire
- Town of Phillips, Maine
- Township of Warwick, Ontario
- Municipality of North Perth, Ontario